Brand Backer

Monday, November 7, 2016

Intro to 12 pans of Christmas

Even though I told myself that after I finished up 13 By Halloween that I would take a little break for the rest of the year, here I am, writing this. Yep, I'm heading into another project, and I'm hoping to work on these following 12 things until Christmas! Wish me luck.
I picked out these products for one of two reasons; Either they aren't cruelty free, and they need to been used up or tossed, or they're products I really love and want to continue to get use out of.
So let's get right to it:



1) Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder- #4 Sandstorm.
This is actually the best color match I've ever gotten in a powder,  so I was pretty excited to try this product out. We all know it's been hyped by practically everyone and their mother! ;) However, Rimmel is definitely not cruelty free, and I'm wayyy too oily for this stuff to contain it apparently. I do get a good 5-6 hours but after that, I need a touch up. I also haven't been using this for very long and I already hit baby pan, which is weird.

Usage: Tiny pan already.
Goal: Finish.

2) Covergirl Clean Normal Skin liquid foundation in 120 creamy natural.
A lot of people actively hate this stuff, and I'm not going to pretend I can't see why. There's the signature noxeema scent plus the fact that this seems to oxidize darker on a lot of people. This would be a really good foundation for people who have good skin. It's very light, not very build-able and sets to a dewy finish. I used to really enjoy this honestly, but in the last few months I've been getting more oily and acne prone and it just hasn't been a good time. Plus Covergirl tests on animals, so I'm looking forward to just being done with this.
Usage: Almost gone.
Goal: Finish.

3) Maybelline Color Tattoo #35 Tough as Taupe
I bought this in hopes of using it as cool toned medium brown for my brows like everyone else uses it for. LOL NICE TRY, MORG. I'm pretty cool and olive toned, so this pulls straight up cool dusty purple on me. Works nicely as a liner, though. Also far from cruelty free.
Usage: still pretty new.
Goal: make a dent.

4) Covergirl eye enhancer single in 1KT
This is pretty old and I have major pan going, so at this point I just want it gone. It's a decent neutral color, but it's been getting a little hard pan lately so who knows how much I'll actually use before getting annoyed and tossing it. Also not cruelty free. Boo.
Usage: Big pan.
Goal: Use up or throw at end.

5) ELF Blush in Coy
So technically elf sells this as a blush, but I definitely use it as a highlighter/ sometimes as an eye-shadow. I love, love, love this shade and I think it looks great with fall looks. The pan is so huge though, so it feels impossible to ever finish.
Usage: decent dip going.
Goal: hit pan.

6) LA Colors Chunky Lip in Feels Nude
This is a few years old, so it's in the older style packaging.  This is a really easy color and I've almost used the whole thing up so I'd like to just finish it.
Usage: Almost gone.
Goal: Finish.

7) ELF Long wear Lip Pencil in Natural Blush
This matches really well with the lipstick I'm working on, so it's in here too. I never remember to actually use lip liner, so we'll see how it goes. It's a really gorgeous shade, but the formula is too dry and waxy to use as a lip color by itself. I think it'll go fast because you have to sharpen it alot to get a good point.
Usage: Halfway
Goal: Finish.

8) Becca  Backlit Priming Filter
This is a DS size from the Becca kit I got a few months ago. I haven't used this much, but I'm not sure how it's gonna work on oily skin. We'll see.
Usage: almost brand new.
Goal: Finish

9)Benefit Browvo! Conditioning primer
This was a little freebie ds Ulta gave out a few months ago, and I'm not sure brow primer is ever a thing I'd pay money for lol. I'm also pretty sure they are not cruelty free.
Usage: almost brand new
Goal: Finish

10) LA Colors DUO Eyes shadow pencil Java/Mocha
This is another oldie but a goodie. I like the nude end to use as a base, but I like the milani one I have better. This needs to be used up.
Usage: Half gone.
Goal: Finish.

11) Wishful White hand and body moisturizer
I got this in my stocking last year, I believe and I have way too much lotion. Might as well use this up. This smells pretty good but doesn't seem that moisturizing.
Usage: Half gone
Goal: Finish.

12) Angel Face perfume rollerball
This smells amazing, so I don't think using it up will be a problem at all. I got this like a year ago at TJ Maxx for like $2. Looks like I won't be able to repurchase though. Oh well.  It's a really beautiful blend of apple, black current, roses and jasmine.
Usage: Almost new.
Goal: Finish.


Who else is doing a panning project right now? How do you like to pick your products? I'd love to hear in the comments!

XOXO,
Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment